Re: customizing depends

In Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:06:23 -0500 Chris Gray <cgray@tribsoft.com> cum veritate scripsit :

> What I would like to do is control the behaviour of dpkg-shlibdeps
> wrt one library.  In particular, I would like it to use lapack instead
> of atlas2 because there is about a 5 Mb difference between the two
> packages and I only need liblapack.
>
> Unfortunately, the man page doesn't really make it clear how to do
> this.  I tried making a debian/shlibs.local file, but that didn't seem
> to make much difference.

This information is gained from /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs
So, probably you can find lapack.shlibs and atlas2.shlibs there.

The best way I think
is to remove atlas2 from the build machine so that it doesn't appear on
your dependency list. Add atlas2 to Build-Conflicts, and add lapack to Bulid-Depends:.

But I may be wrong.

regards,
	junichi

--