Re: creating man pages

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 12:59:30AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> If you don't want to do SGML, you could always edit the nroff source directly.
> This is what has been done historically.  SGML, however, makes it easier to
> render the manpage in different ways in the future.

I wouldn't necessarily mind using SGML, but which tools exactly do you use.
For creating man pages I mean.  How do you generate them from SGML?

As for editing nroff source, that's what I meant with my first question.  Is
there no editor for this sort of thing?  For handling all the fiddly things
like section breaks and bold text, etc, so I don't have to learn nroff itself.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A