Re: Perl problem

deb-l@tonimueller.org wrote:
>I'm applying for maintainership and am in the process of preparing
>a few .deb-s. These are (currently) only Perl modules wrapped for
>Debian usage. There is a problem with two of them I don't understand:
>
>1. libimage-size-perl:
>Lintian says:
>W: libimage-size-perl: perl-script-uses-unknown-module
>./usr/lib/perl5/Image/Size.pm use File::Spec
>
>I have a corresponding libfile-spec-perl and also mentioned this
>in control/Depends.

You don't need a separate libfile-spec-perl, as File::Spec is part of
perl-5.{004,005,6}. Just depend on perl5 or whatever as normal.

lintian still needs to be updated manually for new Perl modules; I've
heard mutterings about doing it automatically, but this hasn't happened
yet. For File::Spec, see bug #58946.

At the moment I think I wouldn't worry too much about this particular
class of Lintian warnings, if you're sure that the dependencies are
correct.