Re: request for advice for new package FAI

* "Thomas" == Thomas Lange <lange@informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE> wrote:

[ Multiple binaries from one source ]

Thomas> Do I have to make two source packages for that, or can I
Thomas> create two single binary packages with different version
Thomas> numbers from one source ?

One source is OK. I do this with the axyftp-* packages and the
mc/mc-common/gmc packages. The roxen package is another example.

Thomas> The part containing the kernels will not change very
Thomas> frequently, so I like to keep the version numbers different
Thomas> from the package containing the scripts.

Then you have to split the source. All packages from a source have
just one changelog.

Thomas> What about the section and priority for FAI. Are they set
Thomas> correctly ?  I've choosen:

Thomas> Section: admin
Thomas> Priority: extra

Looks good to me.

exa> BTW, I'd like to recommend you to change the location of
exa> "template" files from "/usr/local/share/fai" to another location.

Moreso, as Debian packages may only install empty directories in
/usr/local/

exa> The binary package files should go somewhere else then surely
exa> (probably /usr/share/fai)

If they are architecture independent. /usr/lib/fai/ otherwise.

Ciao,
        Martin