Re: metamail: wishlist bug

Michael Moerz <aon.912411198@aon.at> writes:

> > 3) Call unlink(2) or remove(3) on each file returned by mkstemp.
> >    This assumes that metamail doesn't need to reference the file
> >    by name lateron again.
>
> That's a nice idea, but the mkstemp function is called in a
> function called MkTmpFileName. That function opens a file
> with a mm.XXXXXX name, closes it and returns it (the empty
> file is still in place). After that procedure the file is
> used and hence therefore removed after using or it is not
> used to and never removed.

Ok.  The solution would work if metamail would just open the file
once.

Is upstream alive?  If yes, they should fix this kind of bug.  If
no, I guess there's not that much to do for you besides debugging
the whole program :(

Your fix with keeping a list of filenames would be a nice
workaround, though.
        -- jorgen

--
Jorgen Schaefer