Getting rid of x3270

I've been putting this off for a while, but I really need to do
something about the x3270 package that I maintain.

I took it over two years ago, meaning to sort out what the license
was, but there doesn't seem to be much chance of even getting a
license on it that allows it to be in non-free.

My question is, how do I go about getting x3270 out of the archive,
and letting anyone that wants to adopt it know what the license
situation is?

For reference, the part of the license that causes the problem is:

     Copyright © 1989 by Georgia Tech Research Corporation, Atlanta, GA
     30332.
     All Rights Reserved. GTRC hereby grants public use of this
     software. Derivative works based on this software must incorporate
     this copyright notice.

Along with the following "clarification" I got from GTRC: