Re: Unlicensed code in upstream

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:13:37PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:

[snip]

> In my opinion:
>
> I think you should find out (by asking upstream) whether their
> licence includes the triangualization code or not. If the answer
> is no then there is a problem: You can not package the software
> and put it under debian, and you'll either have to rewrite that
> code or ask the upstream authors to remedy the situation. Maybe
> upstream is simply not aware of the problem.

I see, I already did discuss this with upstream and it was
possible now to get the license of that code. I think that the
licenses are DFSG compliant, but they are not free licenses that
are mentioned in the DFSG. Should I move on to debian-legal with
that licenses ? I suppose I should.

[snip]

--
kind regards,