Re: uploading to proposed-updates

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 09:32:23AM +0200, Othmar Pasteka wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have a bugreport for a package which is solved in a new
> version. and the bug report told me that it is fixed in the new
> package. it's a woody package but compiled for potato but
> shouldn't be a problem because it only depends on libc6. so, know
> this would be a reason to be included into proposed-updates or
> not?
> if so i would like to know what i have to do so that it is
> included into proposed-updates?

you should backport the fix to the potato version, and increase the debian
revision number, and upload to "stable" - dinstall will automatically move
that to proposed-updates correctly.  chances are, it wont go into potato,
but you can try. (it has to be a valid and worthwhile fix. - make sure you
explain in detail in the changelog. that is all that is looked at during
point release)

--

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

               CONNECT 300...   Connect 300?!?!?! #%^# NO CARRIER