Re: debmake's dh_shlibdeps generates a dependency on the package that has the deps

Yves Arrouye wrote:

I'm at loss: dh_shlibdeps generates a self-dependency for my library
package. I'm surprised because dh_makeshlibs generated a shlibs file w/ all
the right things for my package, yet dh_shlibdeps adds a self-dependency in
my package's libicu16.substvars.

Any idea how to get rid of that? I tried copying libicu16/DEBIAN/shlibs to
debian/libicu16.shlibs but that doesn't help. My package is
libicu16- and I get a dependency on libicu16 (>=

My opinions do not necessarily reflect my company's.
The opposite is also true.