Re: Q. about the way libc6 is packaged (looking for inspiration)

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 03:26:17PM -0700, Yves Arrouye wrote:
> > So I'm thinking about splitting into:
> >
> > libicu16: just the lib*.so.*
> > icu: the rest, depends on libicu16.
>
> This is the correct way to do it.

 Doesn't this mean that you have to upgrade both packages if you need
to change the *.so.* files in a binary incompatible manner.

 Ie. wouldn't it be better to have something like...

libicu: virtual package, requires icu and libicu16

...or am I missing something.

--
James Antill -- james@and.org
"If we can't keep this sort of thing out of the kernel, we might as well