RE: libraries

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Yves Arrouye wrote:

> Any well-known trick to compile the .c twice w/o changing too much of the
> original package? For example, does it make sense to configure in two
> different locations, once with --enable-shared and once with
> --enable-static, for example? Do we have an example of a small library that
> does that?

For shared vs. static, this is not required, just compile both and split
the package regularly. For all other cases, the build rules make of course
call make distclean during the build or (even better) build in two
different objdirs. The --prefix should always be /usr (as dh_make does
it) because someone might choose to compile paths into the binaries. You
can set a different prefix at install time.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: A319 A60F 20F6 C8A4 3C86  54B4 99CD AC6E 79D1 B1E7