Re: automatic forward of bugreports upstream?

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 07:43:35AM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> Procmail sounds good, but I use procmail only on my machine, and bug reports
> end on a debian machine and I do not intend to change that (yet).

Ah, your mail to debian.org address is not forwarded all to another
address? If so, I don't know how to handle it. Can you filter your mail on
debian machine?

> I want this feature only for one author of one package. He said he wanted to
> receive the original bug reports. Maybe I can set something in the control
> file, or create an email alias like for libc6?

I think it's better to have the same address for all the packages you
maintain. I don't know. Surely in that case you should have mail on a
machine you cna filter on.

> Just tell me it is not possible and I am fine with that. My opinion is, if
> he wants to receive the original bug reports, he should maintain the package
> himself.

I think it's your duty to forward interesting report to him. I can't
understand a reason to forward all the bugs against it, as Adrian says.
Maybe you could say to upstream author that he can read all bugs against
his package using http://bugs.debian.org/packagename.

bye
Christian

--