Trying to begin

Dear Mentors :)

I'm thinking about helping Debian and assume the maintainace of a
package... I generally try to help out the ppl that give me the
software - I do this with the FSF and now with Debian; I'm not really
a programmer (what I know was self-taught since I'm taking History)
but I get my way around most Unix systems and even do a bit of
sysadmin job here and there.

Having said that, I would like to know if extensive use of a package
is a requirement for maintaining the deb (e.g. the gprolog maintainer
uses gprolog extensively) or one can do a good job by mastering the
debian packaging tools, submission process, etc?

I ask this because I've looked at the orphan packages and, er, I can't
really say I use them to a great extent... but I would still like to
help... I have red the manuals and even done some experimenting and I
can now understand the packagind process and issues per se.

Well, that's it, thanks you all in advance.

best regards,

Frederico Muñoz

--
Frederico S. Muñoz		GNU	http://www.gnu.org