Two questions about policy

Hi,

I was browsing policy to familiarize myself with it again, and I have two
questions:

1. I see no mention on rpath in the policy manual (grepping through all the
.html files) yet lintian issues a warning about it. I'm asking because I'm
packaging something that uses rpath heavily.

2. The manual says that one should use -D_REENTRANT when building libraries.
Only libraries? Can I be enlightened on why it matters only for the
libraries? Also, is that still necessary? And lastly, should -D_REENTRANT be
always used or only if you have a library that uses threads (I guess
always...)

Thanks!
YA

--
My opinions do not necessarily reflect my company's.
The opposite is also true.