How do I package perl modules?

All,

I've found a perl module which I don't think is packaged for debian
(Crypt::SSLeay).  I'm under the impression that perl packages can, for
the most part be translated directly into a debian orig.tar.gz and
diff.gz:  how do I go about doing that?

Also, would such a package have to go into non-US?  Would there be any
problems (I'm in Australia) with me packaging and uploading it?  (I am
a developer, but haven't been very active for a while now.)

jason
--
``I worry that you'll work in an office ... have children ... celebrate
wedding anniversaries ... the world of heterosexuals is a sick and