how orig must orig.tar.gz be?

I am packaging python-slang, and the upstream tarball contains
precompiled binaries for linux, sparc-solaris and win32. Is it
ok to remove the directory with the binaries from orig.tar.gz?

People are talking about pristine source and these are ... binaries.

I have ITP'ed the packages on wnpp (with wrong severity that I just
have fixed) and will repost to -devel since I forgot to cc: it.

I could need a sponsor for python-slang and woody.
Woody is a text editor/outliner, and hopefully upstream will
rename the package before it is uploaded to debian.

Preliminary packages at:
ftp://solfege.sourceforge.net/pub/solfege/debian-packages
--
Tom Cato Amundsen <tca@gnu.org>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/