update-alternatives

Hi!

How do I get update-alternatives to keep information when upgrading a
package?

Currently I have postinst add it and prerm remove it, but if I set the
alternative to point to something else than the default, this means
that that information gets lost everytime I upgrade the package...

(The package in question is uqwk, which I have compiled in two
flavours, one with NNTP support and one with local spool support, and
no matter which I install, I wish them to be accessible with the uqwk
command, but I also want to make it possible to have both installed,
thus my use of update-alternatives)

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html