Re: sed command is fine from within a shell script but not from within debian/rules?

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Shaul Karl wrote:

> I am trying to adjust a tcl program to the Debian policy by running a sed
> command from within debian\rules. However this command seems to do what I want
> from within a shell script but not from within debian\rules.

> sed -e '/\exec \/usr\/bin\/wish8.3 \$0 \${1+"\$@"}/a\$

You need to escape the dollar signs as "$$" and probably the backslashes
too.

   Simon

--
PGP public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8  47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1