Re: Request for advice

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 12:55:21AM -0400, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>	I'm curious to find some differeing opinions pro/con use of XML for
>configuration files...

IMHO one of the biggest advantages of Unix is that configuration files
are plain text and can be edited with vi on a console attached to a
9600 serial line... no matter how flashy the GUI, there _will_ come
a time when you have to get your hands dirty, and at that point the
simpler the better.

Not that I'm a maintainer yet, or even on the waiting list.

--
Roger Burton West -/- roger@firedrake.org
http://firedrake.org/roger/