Re: NMU and BTS

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 07:31:19PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> CS> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 05:49:19PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> >> I request bug report by e-mail or with 'bugview gnome-core' and bugview
> >> display the right page :
> >>
> >> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/pa/lgnome-core.html
>
> CS> In fact those pages are not updated, IIRC. Use querybts from reportbug
> CS> package. Or use http://bugs.debian.org/gnome-core too I think.
>
> Apparently this page is OK.

It is dynamically created by cgi's.

> But why request by e-mail are wrong ?

the control@bugs.debian.org interface uses a `lynx -dump` on the url you
mentioned above. the reason this was not correct, as Jason disabled the
creation of the *static* www.debianorg/Bugs/ pages. the software that
was doing this was DoSing master. There was a post recently to -devel about
this.

--

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

          <Myth> if it wasn't for windows, the internet wouldn't exist
      <Myth> we all know that NT runs all the important points on the net,
                                     like mae-west