Re: Why cannot I upload my package?

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 07:20:00PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new maintainer registered on 19th August.

Welcome.

> Immediately after I found I was registered as an official
> developer, I registered my GPG key using
>
>   gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --send-keys "kubota"

You can do this, but the keyserver is not the definitive source for gpg
keys. we cannot have anyone and everyone uploading their keys to the
official keyring.

> and wait for about two days so that the key appears in
> http://db.debian.org/ pages.  Then I uploaded my package
> (whose previous version is already in Debian by sponsorship).

I presume that the key addition was done by James Troup to db.debian.org,
not by your keyserver upload.

> Then I got a mail like that:
>
> > PGP/GnuPG signature check failed on language-env_0.08_i386.changes
> > (Exit status 0)
> > language-env_0.08_i386.changes has bad PGP/GnuPG signature!
> > Removing language-env_0.08_i386.changes, but keeping its associated files for now.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > 	Your Debian queue daemon
>
> However, gpg --verify says that the file is properly signed, of course.

And to finally explain, your key may not be in the official keyring used by
dinstall, and the queue daemons. wait a few more days, and hopefully it will
be there then.

In the meantime, check the keyring that dinstall uses. it is located on
auric, as: /org/ftp.debian.org/scripts/dinstall/debian-keyring.gpg

when your key arrives in that keyring, it is "officially" available for
uploading.

> Did I do someting wrong?

No :)

--

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

      "Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intellegent life exists
     elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."