Re: ** EMERGANCY **

On 17 Aug 2000, Bill <bill@widebay.net.au> wrote:
> Hi All,

 Please don't use HTML on this (or mostly any other) list, thanks.

>             I know this is not the correct list... so please accept my
> appology (is emergancy)

 Maybe -user would suit better.  This is for packaging discussions, to
my knowledge.

>       Can someone please tell me the easiest and safest way to mirror
> a Hard Drive,  keeping all permissions, owner, groups etc. intact

 Use tar with the options --preserve --same-owner (or --numeric-owner),
-l if you want only a special partition.  See the manual page for more
information about it.

 HTH!
Alfie
--
Have you ever noticed that the people who are always trying to tell
you, "There's a time for work and a time for play," never find the time