Re: a bit policy, a bit devel [was: Re: Find the display]

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > Especially the programmers who choose bad languages in the first place.
>
> If there is such a thing, Perl is not one of them.

To make clear: I do not hate perl, I'm not very familiar with it (I prefer
awk, when parsing and Pascal or C for others). Perl is not a bad language,
but when using all this nifty things like automatic creation of components
of objects and things like this, is it just inread-able for me, and I
won't get much more familiar with it, as long the pure usage in ugly
systems like old suse-versions brings you to the point, where the docu
say: Someone compiled perl somewhere else and installed it here and
therefor you can't yust install the module you want. (For such dead-points
I left windows).
I do do not have anything against interpreters in gerneral, I do use awk
extremly often for example. But with interpreted parts in the base of an
OS I just have un ungood feeling.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link