Re: a bit policy, a bit devel [was: Re: Find the display]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Er, debconf includes its own web server. In 256 lines of perl.
> (Shittiest web server on earth too, btw.)

The whole state debconf is best described as "prototype". I'm not very
experienced in perl, so I never saw a perl-program before that is so much
less readable than a bad C-code.

But I don't like perl at all. If I had any time in world I would start
with rewriting anything perlish in base, but I just do not have it.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link