Re: Find the display

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 11:20:02AM -0400, Decklin Foster wrote:
> Christian Marillat writes:
>
> > I need to restart sawfish.
>
> Where does policy say that?

Is policy the one and only reason for wanting stuff? If this fixes what
I hope it does, the the "need" has an "or else you may need to hard
reset your machine because you can't even switch out of X" attached to
it.

As for how to do it: it could get really tricky, as the user might not
even have access to her display when switched to root. An empty DISPLAY
is already pretty hopeless (I regularly use both 0:0 and 1:0 on the
same machine), but missing authorization to connect will also happen.

Isn't there some kind of signal that sawfish interprets as "I need to
restart"? That would solve all problems.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed