DFMR call for volunteers... RE: upload to sourceforge?

At 10:46 AM 08/01/2000 -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

On 01-Aug-2000 Ben Steinberg wrote:
> I am in the new maintainers' queue, and have a package ready to go
> (lifelines, a genealogy program).  Is it okay to upload my files to the
> upstream website at sourceforge, or is it preferable to wait until I'm an
> official developer?

if the upstream is willing to take your debs until they are in debian -- great.
 In general however, it is best if debs remain in the debian hierarchy.  This
allows tools like apt to work.

Let me take this opportunity to make a call for Volunteers to help get DFMR (Debian Freshmeat Repository) online. We've made a few calls so far, and mostly, we don't have a good set of people yet. Surely, there are a few Debian mentors out there willing to lend a hand?

Things like the above would be perfect for DFMR: an aptable site, with lots of diverse packages, hopefully used by enough people that packages could be thoroughly tested out, and still not require people to get sponsors or be a Debian maintainer themselves yet.

If we got 2 volunteers, just 2 more, I think we would be ready to get this rolling.

Please join the debian-freshmeat list (debian-freshmeat@lists.debian.org)
and raise your hand to volunteer.  Thanks.

Seth