Re: Password authentication through /etc/passwd

Scott E Graves writes:

> What libraries do I need to look at in order to allow
> client authentication against /etc/passwd?

Probably PAM. Install libpam-doc and have a look.

That said, why not remove the authentication from your protocol and
tunnel your connections through SSH? Making your own method of
authentication from scratch can fall prey to subtle errors -- security
is hard to get right.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)