config files

I am writing an eartraining program called Solfege. (Currently stuck in
incoming since May 15. Is this normal??)

I have some questions.

1.
The program use the gnome_config_* functions from gnome,
and this make it possible for sysadmins to create values that
are not supposed to be changed into /etc/gnome/config-override/Solfege
and default values into /etc/gnome/config/Solfege

The debian package does not touch any of these on install, but
the documentation will mention these files.

Should postrm look for these files and remove them on purge?
I got a feeling it should not, but since I mention the possibility
to create the files in the documentation, I ask this question.

2.
I'll ask this elsewhere, but anyway, does any of you know (L)GPL'ed
libraries that can determine the pitch of a tone by analysing for
example a .wav file?

Tom Cato