Re: Package help requested

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> > name: gnut
> > desc: Command line gnutella client
> > license: GPL
>
> Didn't get to check the package too much, but did check the
> software.  Seems to have problems when finding an interface on Alpha
> (segfaults).  I'll look into it and hopefully can supply a patch.

FYI, it's not gnut's problem on alpha that causes this, but rather a
problem elsewhere.  The address family isn't getting set for TCP/IP
addressed interfaces, so gnut's interface/address iteration code can't
seem to find an interface that has an AF_INET address family set (and then
tries to memcpy from empty areas in memory, which is always bad).

I'm looking into this and it *might* even be a kernel problem, believe it
or not.  Certainly would explain a few other similar problems that I've
been having with other packages (nmap, strobe, sniffit, etc).

At any rate, I tried commenting out the code that ignors the loopback
interface and it seems to work ok so far.