Original License Requirement

Greetings:  God bless you.

I am wanting to update the source to xmailtool,
now at version 3.1.2b, licensed for free use
and modification by Cray -as long as the original
source code is distributed with the mods.

I am pondering whether this means that the source
code package I upload, after I am accepted as
a Debian Developer, should be in the form of
the original with a patch to convert it all to
the new source, or whether the availability of
the original source with the previous version
will satisfy the requirement, or whether the
src pkg should have in it the full original
as well as my full modified code - maybe including
the original source files that have been changed,
with a .orig appended to the filename.

Please advise, and calm my perturbed mind.

Thank you for your attention to my query.