Re: Error Message

    Jay> I was wondering if anyone could tell how to get rid a "apm:
    Jay> set display ready: Power management disabled" message. I keep
    Jay> getting the message and have no idea what to do.  Thanks Jay

This is a kernel feature. It probably means:
a) screen blanking via APM is enabled as one of your kernel
options AND
b) you have disabled APM in your CMOS setup.

screen blanking via APM, means Linux can turn of the monitor (if it is
power saving compliant) rather then just blanking it.

You probably could also play around with /etc/syslog.conf, to redirect
the message away from the console.

Please sent followups to debian-user.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>