Re: ITP: sndconfig (and sponsor wanted)

Thus spake Jordi Mallach (jordi@sindominio.net):

> > I've packaged sndconfig. It is the Red Hat sound config tool, but I
> > changed it to look at the right files (/etc/modules.conf instead of
> > /etc/conf.modules, for example) and to write its configuration to
> > /etc/modutils/sndconfig (instead of /etc/conf.modules).
>
> Did you also add a call to update-modules or something?

Yes.

> >  Sndconfig is a utility that let's you configure your soundcard easily.
> >  It was written originately for RedHat Linux, but now it is available
> >  for Debian GNU/Linux, too.

> I guess you can give more information in the description.

What info would you like to see in the description? Something like
"sndconfig uses isapnp to identify your sound card and generates the
appropriate alias- and option-lines for /etc/modules.conf."?

> Do you need to have modules for all sound devices for this to work?

No, the sound card definitions are hardcoded in the main file.

--
cu,
dex.

``As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.''
                                                         Albert Einstein