Re: How to specify complicated dependency?

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Colin Watson wrote:

> "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org> wrote:
> >Heres what I'm trying to achieve:
> >
> >((apache || apache-ssl) && libapache-mod-perl) || apache-perl
> >
> >How can I specify this in the depends field?
>
> apache-perl provides httpd and libapache-mod-perl, and apache and
> apache-ssl both provide httpd, so this simplifies to:
>
>   Depends: httpd, libapache-mod-perl

Hmmm, I thought I'd tried that already.

No wait, I remember why I didn't.  I specifically need the web server to
be apache.  (boa, roxen etc. also provide httpd.)  perhaps the apache
variants should provide the virtual package apache too?

Then again maybe the mod-perl dependency will filter out all but apache
variants.

Ok, this seems to be my best best for now.  Thanks

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>