Re: Forcing links in shared libraries

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 03:49:56PM -0500, Ben Darnell wrote:
> > Note the absence of a link to libpq++, which this particular library
[...]
> libfltk1 had this problem (with libGL) until the latest version.  I
> suggest you look there to see how they handled it.

    Josip Rodin already pointed me at the correct solution, which was
to reverse the order of the libraries in the link statement
(i.e. -lpq++ -c instead of -lc -lpq++).  But thanks.  I am still
curious why linking is order-dependent, however...

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.