Re: pks_0.9.4 - my first package

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 04:18:13PM +0100, Richard Zoni wrote:
> I've packaged the "Public Key Server 0.9.4"
> written by Marc Horovitz (http://www.mit.edu/people/marc).
>
> binary-i386 and source can be found at
>
> http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~zoni/debian
>
> I've some questions:
>
> -The pks daemon currently uses libdb2.7 that is not currently
> in potato, so I've statically linked it (like in the original
> distribution was). Is it correct?
>
> -The section first I choose was 'non-US/main'... but I think that
>  'net' section can be ok.

Does pks contain any crytography itself, or link to any cryptographic
libraries? If not, you will be able to put it into the main archive under
net. Also, you wont be able to have it installed until you do something
about the db2 library. Linking it statically means it will run on a Debian
system, but it cannot be compiled using only Debian packages (unless the
source package for pks includes the source for db2).

Which reminds me, I could really use a db2.7 package in woody anyway,
since openldap really needs it. Does pks have any links to LDAP services
from it's functionality, ie. can it use an LDAP server is the db and
retrieve keys from it?

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '