Re: Smail Config

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 09:15:04AM -0500, Jason Taylor wrote:
>     I have recently setup a Debian box and I want to stop smail from being
> used as an open relay. I haven't been able to find any documentation that
> tells me how to do this, I of course could be looking in the wrong place. If
> someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thank
> you.

Jason,

The correct mailing list for this query is debian-user; the debian-mentors
list is for mentoring of new developers.

You might want to consider changing your mail transfer agent to
exim instead of smail. exim is similar but much easier to configure.
I can't remember how to stop relaying on smail but could help with exim.
I have already converted all my machines from smail to exim.

Hamish