provide, replaces, etc (Re: Redundant code for non-us? )

I have building (source and binary) packages `powstatd' and
`powstatd-crypt'.  Since they install basically the same file
names, the conflicts are currently simply set to:

 Package: powstatd-crypt
 Section: non-US/main/admin
 Depends: libc6
 Conflicts: powstatd, ups-monitor
 Provides: ups-monitor

 Package: powstatd
 Section: admin
 Depends: libc6
 Conflicts: powstatd-crypt, ups-monitor
 Provides: ups-monitor

This means that users get errors when trying to replace
`powstatd' with `powstatd-crypt' or the reverse.

Should both packages `replace' eachother as well?  Or would that
confuse apt-get (since they might both be available, or nonj-us
might be temporarily unavailable)?

Thanks.
Peter