Re: Redundant code for non-us?

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 02:07:15PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> [Sorry for cross-posting, but someone in -policy might object to me
> planning to doing the following in the first place.]
>
> The next release of powstatd will contain crypto code and will produce
> a crypto pacakge in main/non-us, and a crypto-free package in main.
> I plan to have a _single_ source package in non-us for both binary
> packages (although it's probably initially easier to have two source
> packages, it's more elegant to have a single one).

Is it possible for anyone distributing the source in any way
possible under DFSG going to get in trouble for distributing
the non-free component, that wouldn't be possible with the
free component?

If so, then policy or not there's a very real practical
problem with this decision.

And, yeah, you do need to worry about autobuilders.

--
Raul