Re: Semi-retiring: All (ok, some) packages must go!

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 05:07:22PM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
>     This is OK.  Except that Raul Miller took pdl already.  r-pdl is
> somewhat obsolete.  I currently have it patched into the pdl source.
> The pdl people will take it upstream, but I haven't had time to correct
> a couple of things.(eg, there is an identifier collision).  I don't know if
> he will continue to include r-pdl as a patch.

I was not planning on supporting r-pdl, as I have not ever used R, and
I wouldn't know where to start.  However, I did notice that there are
a number of files under Lib/R which are not in MANIFEST.  I'll probably
leave them there until I run into a problem with them.

<ASIDE>
By the way, I don't suppose anyone knows why I'd be getting /lib defined
in rpath on some perl .so files?  [Looking at perl this should only be
happening if I was running IRIX.]
</ASIDE>

Is r-pdl important to anyone?  I'm concerned about the size of the debian
.diff.gz for pdl, and would hate to waste a lot of time doing something
that no one cares about (or, worse, breaking R support and not finding
out about it).

Is it important that R support be included with PDL?

Thanks,

--
Raul