Re: Maintainer override in bug tracking system

Le Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 02:36:30AM +1200, Michael Beattie écrivait:
> > I'd like to do that, but am not yet a sanctioned developer;
> > do you think I should send that email, or do I really have
> > to wait?  Thanks.

I think you should wait. What I would suggest is that you find someone
who would be a Debian developer and who could upload your package.

I suppose that the registered debian developer could upload the package
with debian-qa as the maintainer and you could subscribe to debian-qa
to get bugs and so on.

Once your application has been processed you'll be able to set the
Maintainer field yourself. :)

> No offence, but why is it that non-developers are suddenly jumping up and
> down wanting to do this and that?? I find this a strange behaviour
> pattern. And I myself, feel that If you arent a maintainer, you cant do
> these things.

The problem is that you can't become a Debian developer if you
can't show the work you've done for Debian. Why ? Ask the new maintainer
team.

So it's probably a good idea to correct some packages or to help
correcting some packages so that they can show their work to the
new-maintainer team and get processed more quickly.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/