Re: aptsearch program? anyone interested?

Joseph Carter writes:

 > You can do that with apt-cache too...  Can you limit it further to show
 > me reverse depends (or optionally reverse all relationships) on a package
 > if they are installed?  =>

Hmmm... I'll certainly give it a whack.  But could you please explain
what you mean by reverse depends?   The reverse of all packages that
depend on foo is what?  All packages that foo depends on?   Please
explain.  Surely you don't mean printing the Depends: line in the
search results.

 > I'm hoping the more advanced features of an eventual apt front end for
 > the console might allow such exotic and practical searches...

The more options the better, I say.  I'm thinking about turning the
interactive installation mode of my script into a general package
environment ... ie, tab-completion for availible packages.  I'm such a
big tab completion freak.  By the way, I did another optimization just
now and shaved 30% off its execution time (down to about 7 secs for
me.)

---Preston