trying to package infobot.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to do this.  I've read the
howtos and such at www.debian.org but all of them center around compiling
something and ending up with a final binary.  Infobot doesn't work that
way.  It's a perl script.  The main file infobot loads up the rest of the
scripts and does all the work.  It's a totally legit program 'cept it
doesn't have a binary.  Nor does it have a makefile.  All three of the
guides talk about makefiles and sources.  Any ideas as to where I should
turn or what methods I should try?