cvs-buildpackage experiences

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> $ cvs co -jupstream_version_3_1415 -jsource-dist foo

> will check out the lastest version on the main trunk and merge the
> changes made upstream between 3.1415 and 3.14159; here's the catch: if
> 3.14159 renamed some files (something I've encountered a number of
> times), the checked out version will contain the files present in
> 3.1415 and the new files in 3.14159.  You have to delete them by hand
> (am I missing something obvious here?), I usually do _something_ like
> this:

Huh.  I've only tried cvs-inject to install new upstream sources once,
but when I did the join, it *did* remove the files that were no longer
present in the new upstream source.  I checked, there were about three.
One real obvious one:  COPYING became docs/COPYING.  And the former was
removed automatically.

I have no idea why it didn't work for you, and to be quite frank, you've
made me a little nervous now.  After the success of my first attempt, I
was planning to relax and enjoy using cvs-inject, but now I guess I'll
have to keep checking this sort of thing very carefully.