Re: Including both `production' and `alpha' releases of a package

On Monday 1 February 1999, at 18 h 16, the keyboard of Remco van de Meent
<remco@debian.org> wrote:

> There is an alpha version of the long-awaited majordomo 2.x available in a
> CVS-tree, which I'd like to package if possible. On the pciutils package:
> As said, I'd like to include both the official release and the alpha release
> of those packages in the distribution, but I'm not sure how to do it. Of

I vote for a package majordomo-experimental, which you will suppress later (or replace it with a dummy package which will Require majordomo, to ease the transition). Unfortunately, I don't know (yet) how to suppress a package.