Always in /etc? (was RE: configuration file placement)

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Shaleh wrote:

<snip>

> Personally I do not think EVERY package belongs in /etc.  Sytem control, sure.
> But small things, no.  I am aware of the current policy, but I think a strict
> "everything goes here" is bound to have problems.

I disagree. One of the good things about Debian is its logical fs
structure. I _like_ knowing that package foobar's config file will be
/etc/foobar . I don't think we should change that.

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support