Re: conffile location

On 15/12/99 at 20:58:13,  wrote:
> I maintain the apt-move package, which has the single conffile
> /etc/apt-move.conf.  Recently I've received a wishlist bugreport
> (51507), plus a few private email requests from other individuals, to
> have it moved under /etc/apt.  I certainly understand the reasoning
> behind  the request, but if I understand the policy manual correctly it
> requires that standalone conffiles be located directly in /etc.

Perhaps one could argue that it is not a standalone conffile since it is part
of "the apt suite of packages", and such apt-move's conffile belongs in the
directory of "the apt suite of packages".

Then again, IANAL and neither a Debian developer yet.

Regards,
    Mike

--
|=| Michael Piefel                       piefel@informatik.hu-berlin.de