Redundant code for non-us?

The latest upstream version of powstatd comes in two favours,
regular and one that use 128-bit TEA encryption for communication
between master and slave.

Currently, the upstream author is producing two source archives
(but we are discussing this).  The only difference is that one
doesn't include xtea.c and the other one does.  I planned to have
my regular `powstatd' package supplemented by a new
`powstatd-crypt' package.

Do I have to make two source packages?

Or can I upload everything to non-us and produce two binary
packages (one for regular main and the other for non-us/main)?
I have the feeling this is not allowed because it makes the
source hard to find.  Right?

The irony is that xtea.c is freely available outside the US, does
not originate from the US, and has only _32_ lines of code!

Thanks,
Peter