Re: Policy 3.0.0 and /usr/X11R6/man ?

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> Roland Rosenfeld wrote:
>
> > The problem here seems to be, that some people want to place all X
> > dependent programs under /usr/X11R6 while others mean that only the
> > X11 core should be under /usr/X11R6
>
> BTW, I decide to place xwatch in /usr/X11R6 beacuse it has an
> app-defaults file.  It would be strange to put a bianry in
> /usr/bin and yet have the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XWatch
> wouldn't it?
>
> Perhaps I was wrong.  It's the only package I have with stuff
> under /usr/X11R6/.

 There seem to be no commonly agreed rule for this yet, but personally
I think if a program with X support provides reasonable functionality
even without X, it should go to /usr/bin (regardless of an
app-defaults file).

 But, however, I don't think there is a need to change this (if xwatch
is usable without X) until there's a clear policy.

Stephan
--
s-Stephan A Suerken <inf222@fh-worms.de>
s-Voice (+49) (6241) 92566-2 -- WWW http://www.fh-worms.de/~inf222