Re: /usr/lib

David Coe <david@someotherplace.org> writes:

> Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@uni-konstanz.de> writes:
>
> > I don't want to put them in /usr/sbin (where portsentry resides). What's a
> > good place to put them in? I thought about /usr/lib/portsentry/ - is this FHS
> > compliant?
>
> No. Variable data can't go into /usr.
[...]

Oops, as Tony pointed out in a private message, I had misread Guido's
request, and missed the fact that these are perl scripts to figure out
the current IP address rather than files in which to store it.

/usr/lib/portsentry is indeed the right place, as long as the scripts
don't change other than at installation/upgrade time.

Sorry for my confusion.