Re: SVGAlib suid binaries?

Franklin Belew <frb@balance.wiw.org> writes:

> > Hmm, I might file a bug against that. Interactive installation realy
> > sucks and it will bann lsdoom from my demo-fs packages as a possible
> > game to include. Patching it back to noninteractive is work. :(
> >
> > If you have two binaries, make the svga setuid by default. Noone will
> > install it to not let the users use it.
> >
> > In the case of gnuplot, there is only one binary, so you don´t have
> > the choise at the package level, so it must ask.
> >
> > May the Source be with you.
> > 			Goswin
> >

> If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't debconf allow this to be as interactive as
> the maintainer likes?
>
> Frank aka Myth

I want interactive installation, where it makes sense. A package
asking me to have xxx setuid or to have it useless doesn´t make sense
in my eyes. No admin will install a program just so that root can use
it.

With debconf you can disable interactive installaztion, but not on a
per package basis and that wouldn´t make sense.

In my eyes instaling svgalib at all shows that one wants to have
programs and users use it, so any further question is anoying.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin